1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount wiring harness issue!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by F250 Hotrod, Sep 29, 2010.

1. F250 Hotrod

F250 Hotrod Junior Member

I just bought my first plow for my truck (Western Pro plus 8'6") and I found a wiring harness to fit my truck and the plow on Craigslist. The guy said everything worked when he took it out of a truck. When I went to hook the plow up I realized that when the guy removed the wiring from the cab of the truck they cut the end that you plug the control into. The guy wont refund my money, so I need try and get this fixed. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get a replacement end to plug the control into?
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

try home depot or lowes or a hardware store that has electrical stuff
    you can also hard wire it splice the ends from both plugs

3. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

If you don't mind riggin it you can do like snowplowpro said. I'd look on western's web site. I'd assume they sell the end. I'm sure that somehow people damamge them by slamming them in the doors on an unprofessional install.
  4. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

You can get a 4 foot extension for $25 part # 61845 and cut off the end you need and solder/shrink wrap the connection and be good as new.
  5. F250 Hotrod

F250 Hotrod Junior Member

Thank you so much for the help!!! I ordered a extension cord and I will reply later on how it worked out.