1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rpaton, Jan 11, 2008.

1. rpaton

rpaton Junior Member

The problem is my plow raises up and angles to the right and left very slowly/not at all. Recently had unit serviced however I found that trans fluid was installed, so I drained and put in western's pump oil. When I go to raise the plow and it does not move I hear something inside the pump that sounds as though it is spinning and not grabbing. After draining the oil I refilled and moved plow up and down left to right and re-checked fluid level.
    Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

2. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Your screen inside might be plugged. Your best bet is to bring it in. It is a quick fix, Max of an 1.5hrs Maybe someone else on here knows how to do it but like I said it is an easy fix.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like the pick up may have fell off the pump..or the pick up screen may be plugged. Did it have this problem before it was "serviced"?

Mixing ATF and plow oil isn't a good idea, I hope you flushed the system out good when you switched it back to plow oil.