1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultra mount problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

i just went out to the truck and I cant get the plow to work. The handheld controler has no power, the 2 pin harness has no power, but the 9 pin harness has power and the headlights are working. I changed out the seloinoid and nothing. any ideas??

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Remmers...........Remember your Cab Command controller has
    a SFE-5 glass tube fuse INSIDE the controller. Mine does.

Check that first...........................geo

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

You won't see any power at the 2 pin harness.
    This is normal.

You should look for a fuse inside the cab commander like snjaab said or look for a fuse somewhere down the line on the red wire that comes out of the cab command harness.

Some installers are also wiring a relay to the ignition switch to isolate the plow wiring from the factory wiring to keep the plow from cooking the ignition system if it fails.
    look for a small bosh type fog light relay under the hood on the firewall that might have failed.
    This setup would not be shown in the installation manual.

Also look for the place that it was spliced into the ignition switch wiring and check for a bad connection there as well.
    Good luck.