1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultra mount pivot pin

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rocksmaint, Jan 31, 2014.

1. rocksmaint

rocksmaint Junior Member

this will be the 3rd year using my 8ft western pro plow when should the pivot pin that's at the front of the A frame be replaced? it seems I have some play there now.thanks

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Its not really the king pin or bolt itself that needs replace it usually ovals out the hole that's why you get slop. Its usually something you have to live with until you have a real reason to separate the sector from the A-frame. But the easiest fix is to pull it apart weld the hole and redrill it. But normally its something you just write on the list for when you have to replace pivot pins or slop in the angle rams. and clean it up and re do any paint. kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed. You can take the bolt out and grease the holes. Or add a zerk fitting. But the inevitable will still happen and the a-frame will get egged out

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I rebuilt mine last fall mine went 11 yrs pivot bolt bushing was gone I took it off put another bushing in good as new Side pins wasn't all that bad. Drilled out the trip pin holes installed larger pins. Replace the ram pins It all back tight again. This on a pro plus 8.6