1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra mount on a 1992 Chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dakotaplowboy, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

I bouht a new Boss V-plow for my truck this year, and I am planning on putting my 7'6" Western on to a 92 Chevy Suburban. It is a 3/4 ton. Anyway the mount on the western is an Ultra Mount. It is a 2003. All the Mounting hardware came off my 03 Chevy 1500HD. I bought an 05 2500Hd for this year with the boss.
    Anyway. I was planning on welding the existing mounts on to the Suburban. I have plenty of good steel out at my shop and an experienced welder that works for me. Does this seem like something that is probable. Does Western make an ultra mount for a 92? Any input would be great. THANKS!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes Western does make an Ultra style mount for your Sub (p/n 67865) but if you have good fabrication skills, a good welder, and the time, there's no reason you can't modfiy the mount you have to fit the Sub.