1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ultra mount....no lights, no lift???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pwrjnky, Nov 8, 2010.

1. pwrjnky

pwrjnky Senior Member

Plowed all last season and worked great until end of season. Plow was was stored and truck was maybe driven 1000 miles all summer. I'm getting ready for the upcoming season and hooked the plow to the truck and plugged in my two rubber connectors and my controller. No lights and the plow will not move. I hear clicking, but nothing else. I go down into the 6 relays and the connectors looked a little corroded, so I pulled wires off one by one and cleaned everything up with an electrical cleaner. Tried again and I got squat! Any ideas what I can look for before I take it to the shop? Thanks in advance.

2. pwrjnky

pwrjnky Senior Member

The solenoid is clicking, but it wouldn't affect the lights would it?

3. Tom1

Tom1 Junior Member

My Ultramount has three connectors that need to be plugged in, chances are you do not have the battery feed connector plugged in.

4. pwrjnky

pwrjnky Senior Member

Battery feed connector? I checked all fuses, solenoid clicks, and I cleaned up the relays. I don't know if the relays are bad or not, but they were fine when I put it away. I'll look again.

5. pwrjnky

pwrjnky Senior Member

I just fixed it! I feel like an idiot! I checked all the fuses and cleaned all the relays. Somehow the power was unhooked at the battery. My guess is when I had some work done at the dealer, they unhooked it and didn't rehook it. It had slid behind the battery where I couldn't see it. You helped with that extra connection remark. Thanks