1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount Hydraulic or Electric Problem?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stevie fierce, Jan 18, 2011.

1. stevie fierce

stevie fierce Junior Member
    from NH

Hey guys,
    I recently installed my 9' pro plus onto my gmc4500. I purchased all new truck side equipment from my western dealer here on long island. The plow I have had for several years when I used it on my old Ford.
    Anyway, after installation (I did it myself) everything works properly and sufficiently enough to plow with but when you press the left or right buttons on the joystick the plow doesnt stop moving when you release the button, it sort of gradually comes to a stop. When it was on the older truck it was as precise as could be. As soon as you let go of the controller the plow would come to a very drastic halt (the way it should).
    Like I said, everything is new on the truck side including the controller. I have yet to do a fluid change this season to the plow but doubt thats the problem? Any ideas? Thanks.
    Steve

:mechanic:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's nothing wrong with it, your new controller has the soft stop feature. They have for several years now.

3. stevie fierce

stevie fierce Junior Member
    from NH

oh really? i hate it.

4. turfy49431

turfy49431 Junior Member

the older joystick controller will control it and make it stop on a dime

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've always disliked any brand controller with the smooth stop feature as well so I know where you're coming from. Cruise control on a snowplow so it doesn't mess up your hair. :rolleyes: