1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount Headgear..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike 97 SS, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Anyone else notice that the new Western Ultra Mount Headgear looks identical to what the Fisher Minute Mount used to look like before they made up the MM2 design? I know Western and Fisher are somehow related, but Fisher just made all their mounts the MM2 design and the look is different, more triangular it seems, and Western made all theirs look like the regular MM from Fisher. I like how the Western looks better now, and i like the Fisher MM better than the MM2. The MM2 looks a little weird to me having that triangular look with the tubing. Mike

Last edited: Nov 12, 2002
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MIKE, Fisher and western are owned by the SAME
    company Douglas Dynamics....Prob sharing from the
    parts bin. Using the old stuff on western and the
    new stuff on fisher cuz they cost more !.....geo

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yea, you're probably right. How does everyone like the changes of the Western and Fisher MM2? Thanks for the reply. :) Mike

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MIKE.....My new ultramount with the hand held
    controller is great ! Easy to mount up. But on
    the down side is low ground clearance and not
    being able to stack snow as high as with my old
    hard mount western ! But the old one did last
    10 hard NY winters with few probs. I sold it to
    my buddy and he is still using it!..........geo

5. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Seems that Western is to Fisher what Diamond is to Meyers.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Seems that Western is to Fisher what Diamond is to Meyers.
    Not true at all. Meyer took Diamond and in many respects diluted their good name with meyer parts.
    Western is in fact a better company, with better shared components with Douglas Dynamics than they were on their own. The MVP V plow is a case in point, with out the shared use of Fishers R&D that plow wouldnt be in westerns line up. On the other side, Western brought most of the electro/hydro systems to the table, so it is a very good match, and we as consumers, reap the benifits.
    Dino