1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount Ground Clearance

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ShorePower, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

After looking at the Fisher HT which was recommended for my truck, I ended up finding abarely used, Western 7.5 Pro Plow for sale. I had it installed by the Western dealer for the east end of Long Island. The plow is on an 08 1500 silverado. I know it is abit heavy but with the plow up I have 3.5 inches clearance from the lowest point of the plow frame, where the side hydraulic pistons mount. With the plow down only 4 inches. Pulling out of my driveway the plow fram skids the concrete. Is there any way to lift the front of the truck a few inches without major mods? Will Timbrens work?

2. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

I am already running 600lbs ballast at the tailgate.

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

timbrens, torision bars and bigger tires will help if you have the extra money.

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I agree with the new boss. Maybe start with the timbrens, they are well worth the money!

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

ill post a pick of my truck with my boss 7'6 super duty on it, drops 1/4 inch with no timbrens just torision bars up 2.5 turns!

6. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

There are no torsion bars on your truck. You need a 2.5 inch leveling kit. Bolts on top of your coilover. They are all over ebay, and less than a hundred bucks Thats what i did with mine. Worked out great.

7. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

the 2.5 leveling kit. was it made by timbrens or are there other brands com?patible

8. caddytruck89

9. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

No difference in ride quality when the plow is off?

10. caddytruck89

No not at all. Doesn't change the spring rate. Won't even know it's there. Will make your truck look better too.

11. caddytruck89

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  12. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Thanks for the advice.Your ruck looked good before but great now.

13. caddytruck89

Thanks. Let me know what you do, and how it works out.