1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra mount bracket question..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jlouki01, Dec 7, 2006.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I am looking buying a used 7'6 Ultra mount plow.

Came off a 2005 Chevy 2500.. I am mounting on an 06 2500.. Western shows same mounting kit for both. Woohoo..

However the kit the guy has looks incomplete..Besides the lack of bolts what else is there to this mount setup??

235c_1.JPG

218e_1.JPG

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. Derf

Derf Junior Member

I don't see the receivers? Bolts are no problem, I would replace with new anyway. Are you getting the wire harness's? You can also check the Western site for installation procedures for the mount. This would show you what is needed.

3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

There is a set of U shaped brackets that go in between the U shaped mounts, I think they are just there for added strength once everything is bolted up.

Other than this you just need the bolts, which you can get at any local hardware store. I'd be sure to use at least grade 3 or 5 for the bolts.

4. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

Isn't there a piece of flat stock (with the western tag) that contects the two mounts side to side? Without looking there are 2 bolts on each side that hold it on. I know my '02 has it, I'm assuming yours should as well. It's actually a pretty easy install. Marc

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I thought the same thing to when I got my mount for my 01 but according to John(Garagekeeper) the mount didnt come with it. Otherwise, like stated above, there are 2 U shaped brakets that go inside the truck frame where the tow hooks were that seem to be missing.

Will