1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ultra mount 8ft poly straight plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Braby, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Braby

Braby Junior Member

Hey guys can anyone tell me what the right light harness is that I need for my 1999 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2l with daytime running lights I bought a harness and don't think it's the proper one because I am getting signal lights but no headlights on my plow it switches over but just running lights on the plow and blinkers are working and I know the plow headlight work. I believe my plow is a 2008-2009 model ultra mount 8ft poly pro plow it says 50 years addition on a sticker if that helps I just want these lights to work thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you tried westerns quick match?

3. Braby

Braby Junior Member

Ya I tried that doesn't show my plow just says a 7.6 ft plow and mine is 8 ft so I don't know if it's the same wiring

4. dieselss

Yea same wiring. And that plow is to heavy for your trk, that's why they don't list it

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If it's a 50th anniversary, it's a 2002 model. It should be a two plug plow. Relay wiring on the truck side.

6. Braby

Braby Junior Member

If it's a 2002 then it wouldn't be ultra mount or am I wrong

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

2002 was the 50th anniversary. And the first year for the Ultra mount. That's why it should be two plug, unless it's been converted to three.

8. dieselss

Does it have a lift cylinder, or just a ram built into the power pack

9. Braby

Braby Junior Member

It has two plugs power to the pump and then the light plug it has a ram that looks like a bigger ram than the side to side rams

10. Braby

Braby Junior Member

Wish I could figure out on my iPad or phone how to put pictures of it up here