1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultra mount 8' pro plow will not go left or right HELP!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 05dodge, Jan 13, 2012.

1. 05dodge

05dodge Junior Member

ok i have replaced S2 and S3 valves beacuse plow was raising when i would go left. after replaceing S2 it fixed the raising problem and then it still would not go left so i replaced S3. did not change anything. the dealer told me to switch lines to see if ram was good. i did that and it would go left and up but not to the right. i put the lines back to normal and then it would go right and up but not left. so i cleaned the connections from the plow to the truck plugs and know it only goes up and down. the motor makes noise when you try to go left or right but the plow does not move. what could be wrong?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

From what you are saying you have electrical problems. It sounds to me like the controller is not sending signals to the valves to open... or the wiring is not allowing those signals to get to the valves. You neet to take the cover off the valve coils and put a test light on them to see if they are activating at the right time. I think the hydraulics are fine but the valve are just not distributing the fluid correctly because of the mixed up electrical.

3. 05dodge

05dodge Junior Member

i checked the coils with a screw driver and they are pulling. still no left or right.

4. mishnick

Did you verify that the coils are magnatized at the appropriate time? Raise should activate S3 only, lower is S1 only, right angle is S2 only and Left angle is S2 and S3. You say S2 and S3 are new. Does is sound like the pump motor is free wheeling when you hit and angle button? I am wondering if possibly one of the crossover relief valves is stuck open allowing pressure to just blead away. I would eliminate this by using a pressure gauge. If this is the cause the pressure will be very low from the pump when you angle left or right.

5. 05dodge

05dodge Junior Member

ok ill have to check the pressure. the coils are woking like they should. i broke loose the lines at the rams for left and right and i am not getting any fluid out of them when i go left or right.

6. mishnick

This whole thread sounds strange, We need to go back to the beginning. Both valves responsible for angle motion are new and you say the coils are activating correctly. That leaves only fluid pressure? That means either the motor is not turning with enough power, the pump is not producing pressure (worn out) or the pressure is leaking away (bad o-ring under the pump).