1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultra mount 8 ft straight wont turn left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Duramax66, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Duramax66

Duramax66 Junior Member

I have western 8 ft straight blade that will move up down and right but wont move left. It doesn't even make any noise when you move the controller to the left. Any ideas. We are getting another controller to try here in a while. I need help because we have to head back out in the morning.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the S5 valve......Check to see if it will magnetize. If it does, remove the valve and check to see if there movement by hand.might be debris inside of it.. .If not, check the wire for power. Could be a problem in the connector or the controller harness. Check the plugs (connectors0 to make sure they are clean and making good contact.. As for the controller harness, move the stick to the left, and wiggle the harness under the dash..If it moves, you have a bad connection..Unplug the control harness and spread the pins slightly to make better contact when mated.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What the heck is an S5 valve on a straight blade? :drinkup:

It isn't a plow side or harness issue, it's a controller issue. If it isn't even triggering the under hood solenoid only for the left angle function then the controller isn't sending the signal out when only that function is pressed...because there's only one UHS activation wire for ALL functions.

4. twinman326

B&B
    Wow, I must of been really tired when I wrote that. Between plowing and working on my rear end, and no sleep, my brain function must of been dead :dizzy:

I meant the S2 valve..Also I did mention the controller issue..So there was two option for him to check.. I made a mistake on the number :cry: .I at least deserve a coffee., PLEASE

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

We can all relate to that at one point or another. Mostly during the snowy months. :sleeping: :waving:

6. twinman326

Ah, were my coffee?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Probably at the same place mine is...at the coffee shop. :D

8. twinman326

Hell it hard going to the coffee shop walking with three canes..:D

I guess I have to make my own