1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultra lights out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stumper1620, Jan 6, 2005.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

help, everything was working great about 2 weeks ago, i hooked up this morning and couldn't get any of my plow lighting to work, plow operates
    great but no lights of any kind, any tips, is there a fuse hidden somewhere that i can't see? this is a 2 plug system not the three plug type.
    any help or tips welcome

thanks
    steve :confused:

2. mpflood

mpflood Member

hey

well you must have at least pulled and checked the plug with all the lil pins inside,is there grease? can you see any defective pins? sometimes just unplugging and re connecting will get ya going.My fuse is under the hood near battery but if plow moves fuse good. I will review my papers now and get back to ya.
    Mike Flood

3. stumper1620

thanks mike, this is really wierd i think a relay may have been frozen, after i posted this i went back to mess with it, when i turned the turn signals on they started working, then everything checked ok, i messed around plugging and unplugging, checking the pins, looking for ice or something in the bottom of the plug, finally decided to start plowing without, plowed alot could not get them on in the dark, sat for a few hours then in the afternoon they work,
    i hope it was just a sticky relay and not something i'm going to have to deal with again before i can find out what did it.
    anyway all working ok tonight thanks for the help
    steve

4. mpflood

mpflood Member

I'm glad

Ah,
    Don't ya just hate interminted problems?

5. stumper1620

ya, my favorite headache.