1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Leaking

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jone43, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Jone43

Jone43 Member

I noticed a little fluid leaking from the base of the pump just above fluid resevoir. Anybody out there have a problem with this before. The plow is a year old and has not been a problem in the past. I know it is under warranty, but dealer in Central NJ is a pain to get get service b/c they are so busy. Any help would be great.

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

mine leaked after a fluid change, if you changed fluid this year pull
    off your angle cylinder line and see if you cracked the flair on the hose
    you cant go very tight before they split, cheap connections, i got new lines made at the local auto parts store, alot stronger fitting.
    just a guess but i kinda assume a year old you probably changed fluid before the season or maybe checked tightness of your lines, otherwise i haven't had any problems from mine. hope this helps :waving:

3. Jone43

Jone43 Member

The problem is that the leak is coming from above the base of the resevoir, underneath the module base. The fittings are dry. I will have to bite the bullet and leave it at the dealer I guess. Thanks for the help.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

well i tried,
    good luck at the dealer hope they get to ya quick, if they are real busy ask for suggestions, sometimes mine will tell me what they think is going on and how to fix it, a good dealer will help out any way they can, mine even opens up after hours if needed.they are great place to do business with. reaally glad i bought from them, :waving: