1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western truck mount and wiring 06 to 08 f250?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by news913, Feb 25, 2011.

1. news913

news913 Member

Hey guys, new to the forum but it is very helpful. I have 2 questions, I am trying to mount a Western 7'6" pro on my truck. It is off an 06 F350, it has the mount and wiring with it. I have an 08 F250 FX4. I was wondering if I need a new truck mount altogehter or if I can use/modify the old mount. Also I am wondering about all the wiring, can I run the wiring from the 06 in my 08. The plow is real nice and basically brand new, so everything is newer on it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

i had to change my mount for the 08 and change to module. All together it was like 550 or so.

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Mount is different. Should be able to use the same wiring. Try it before you listen to what a dealer will tell you.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

yes the wiring is the same and your module may work at 1st, mine did until about the 3rd time out. the plow worked still, i just lost the headlights. The module part number is not the same as the 07's and prior. It has something to do with the GEM in the truck. It starts to think the lights are shorting out and cuts power the the plow lights

5. news913

news913 Member

Thanks guys, I am going to start messing with it next week, I will see what happens and whatever knowledge I gain I will relay into the forum, maybe for future use.