1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western tri-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bucky6981, Feb 13, 2005.

1. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

i am new to this site and so far i enjoy it, but i was wonering if anyone out there has any info or any leads on any western tri-plows or parts for sale? i am trying to adapt a tri-plow to my 1986 3/4 ton chevy, becuase from what i understand it uses the same mount and pump as what i already have( cable operated), and i can still use my pro plow if i run into any problems.
    any info may help. thanks.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

There was a tri-plow that recently did not sell on ebay--check completed auctions. It was for your (our) generation of truck.

A while back I purchased a cable and joystick setup from ebay for my spare plow. He figured 'Tri-Plow' was an aftermarket manufacturer and I didn't know any better. Have you confirmed if it is the same as the straight blade controls? Two cables, just like regular....

I think the wings were controlled on a separate setup somehow... I looked at the guy's auction but can't remember...
  3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

The mount on your truck would be the same as far as the ear spacing for both plows.
    On the power unit there was an add on electric controled valve body with the additional hoses to the double acting cylinders on the plow.
    Yes you could still operate your standard straight blade off of it too, there was a switch box the mounted to the joy-stick control box that you selected vee and scoop modes which then worked while you moved the controler lever to the differant positions.
    Parts are hard to come by for the old Tri-Way plow as it was only made for a few years, just so you know.
    Good luck with your project.
    :rolleyes: John..............
  4. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Tri Plow Info.

I had an old Western V Plow from the early 80s Which was a straight blade that was cut in half and a hinge welded in to make it like a Boss plow,it had the same cable operated pump that a straight blade used and a solenoid valve added in one of the wing hoses.If this is a Tri Plow let me know what info you need I will try and help.
  5. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

thanks for all the info guys, but i was wondering if anybody had any left over parts for one of these odd-balls.
    i run a small( 12 lots or so) snow removal service in central mich. and i am on a tight budget, just looking to get the benifit of a v plow without having to shell out the cash to have every thing on my old hoopdy truck converted to a boss or something like that.
    again thanks for the great info fellas. jay