1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado vibrator placement

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Mar 8, 2015.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone have a Tornado that came with a vibrator kit, if so where and how did they mount the vibrator on the double wall hopper?
    Steve

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Not exactly the answer you want but you could always just get a 200lber from karrier and mount it at the typical place center of the sidewall. Just wire it on a separate switch or whatever.

3. xtreem3d

I know ....I was just wanting to know how it was mounted from the factory to the hollow double wall shell as not to crack it.

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

5. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Factory mount location is driver cab side on the side of the conveyor trough right beside the adjuster bolt... i managed to fit mine in without the western kit, but had to drill 2 more holes.. and basically never use it

6. xtreem3d

Thanks for the posts..winter is over but I will be mounting it before I put it away.
    Steve