1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Flawless440, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I have herd good and bad things..

Anyone own one with some feedback?

A buddy in our Ohio thread said he didn't care for the design and sold it after one season.

I bought one but haven't picked it up yet, they already sold out of the Boss VBX i wanted.

2. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

I have nothing to add about the tornado, but I'm in the same boat as you. I wanted the VBX but they told me February.

3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

We installed the tornado today, then i just ordered 2 of the swensons, they are $1000 more than the VBX but i'm hoping they are worth it. 10 days to order..
    4 new spreaders this season, hoping i won't have to do it again for awhile..

4. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

I have a tornado which was installed last year. Have had very good luck with it. Had stainless gas engine salters before I switched to a poly electric and would never go back. I would be curious to hear what issues lead that person to get rid of it. I spread close to 100 to 125 tons per season. Clean it a few times per year, when the season is over I greased all fittings, lube the spinner and chain and park it. Literally took 20 minutes to put on my truck and get running at the start of this season. The controller allows you to control the spinner speed (distance to spread material) and the conveyor chain which controls the amount of material.