1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by streetscrapin16, Jan 31, 2011.

1. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I called for a quote today on a New Western Tornado spreader. I think it was either a 1.6 or 1.8 yard and they priced it at $3700. Is that a good price for it? I appreciate the help. Thanks

2. procut

procut Senior Member

Thats the cheapest I've ever seen one. Heck, I just paud $3200 for a SnowEx 1875 tailgate and like like $2500 for a Western 2000 tailgate two or three years ago. Almost seems to good to be true. At that price I suggest you take two!

3. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Sounds like the price for a 1.5 yd the 1.8 is usually closer to 4500 on the low end. Generally they are good units, but could use some improvement. Plan on going over the machine with threadlocker before you use it. They like to vibrate bolts loose.

4. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I think it is the 1.5yd. now that I think about it.

5. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

would you please pm me with dealer name and Phone # I am looking to buy one for next season and I will appreciate your help, here in Louisville KY we have only one mean dealer who always very high, I order everything out side the state.

6. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

That sounds like an awesome price. I just paid 5400 for a 2.5 yard unit