1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado spreader prices?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Oct 15, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hi guys,
    what are some of you seeing for Tornado prices in 1.5 version? most of the dealers here are about 5000.00 for the 1.5 but i see that Tim Wallace has it for 3550.00 is it possible there is that big a difference? his 1.8 isn't even at 5000.00,
    steve

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Was quoted today $3,895.

3. mdscarpa

mdscarpa Junior Member

quoted $4500 today from trailer depot in northford.. mentioned I heard guys were picking them up for under $3500 and the guy told me its not possible.

4. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

call quality truck and company in bllomington il. i got my 1.8 for 4990. saved 1200 over my dealer. good to work with , came when it said it would ask for doug wallem. 617 016973 tell him rich from pittsburgh sent ya.

5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

$3650..Plus $250 to ship to Detroit...Tim Wallace...Western Tornado or Fisher Polycaster

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Thats for the 1.5 yard

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

That's strange because my local dealer quoted me $4,600 the other day.Makes sense because as I already said,it was $3,895 for the 1.5 yd. Everything mechanical/electrical is the same on all 3 sizes,just the hopper capacity.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  8. xtreem3d

guys,
    thanks for the replies tried wallce today but they must have been closed . will also try Quality in bloomington on monday . either Wallace or Quality is only about 3 hours away so i could pick it up.....boy these prices are weird!!!!!

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't forget the Fisher PolyCaster and Blizzard units are identical. If you don't care what color it is, just go for the best deal.+

10. xtreem3d

..it seems that everyone who quoted a blizzard was high (5000.00)

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Last year when I talked to my local dealer, he quoted me around $3800 for the 1.5 version. I would assume $5k is a little high. Tell your dealer he is high.

12. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Try Midwest Truck equipment down in the city. Talked today with them. Prices seem pretty fair and their local . Also called the ford dealership that sells western, and their prices were way high. How are they selling anything when their prices are almost a 1,000 more?

13. xtreem3d

i will try midwest...i called ruether ford and they were alot more also
    did midwest have them in stock?
    steve

14. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

They had the 1.5 in stock. Don't know how many they had . It is 3822 +Tax. Thats what they quoted me. Not bad . The ford dealership was a joke.