1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western tornado spread patter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by meyer22288, Jan 6, 2014.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I have a early 1st gen western tornado spreader. Overall im really liking it but my one issue is it spreads heavier on the driver side. Very little seems to spread on pass side and it dosent throw it nearly as far. Any way i can make it spread evenly? Maybe im overlooking somthing

2. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

poly or metal? play with the baffle settings.

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Its poly. Not sure what you mean by baffle settings do you mean that part that slides up and down to control how much comes out

4. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

I'm not too sure about poly spreaders. I have a fisher procaster, and inside the shoot are baffles to close down and/or adjust material more to one side or another.

5. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

yep. You need to "control" where the salt is landing on the spinner after dropping from the conveyer. Ideally the salt should land towards the rear center of the spinner.

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Played with the spinner shaft adjustment today before i made a salt run and didnt seem to help. Thinking about adding a piece of rubber under the belt to drop material more towards the center of the spinner. Hoping this will help. Someone here must own a 1st gen tornado.

Talked to my buddie who has 2 he says they both spread much heavier on the driver side. I cant deal with it though there must be a way to solve it:help:

7. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

I have gen 1 and gen 2 fisher poly spreaders. Love both of them. Wanna sell your gen 1???

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Can you add washers beside the hooks that hold your spinner to offset the spinner to where you need it? Mine spreads pretty even, material hits the spinner dead center in the back, also check that the protector baffle isn't blocking it from going out the passenger side. HTH.

9. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Do you have the sill plates installed?[​IMG]

10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Mine dosent have the sill plates but the picture you posted is of a much newer spreader are you sure they make them for mine?

11. bliz&hinikerDLR

belt feed or chain feed?

12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Its a first gen Belt feed

13. bliz&hinikerDLR

Sorry, not familiar with that design. But you could maybe make something similar if you think it would help.

14. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I added a piece of sheet metal under the belt so it drops the material about 3'' more into the center of the spinner, it works perfect now!Thumbs Up