1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado spinner motor questions.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by all ferris, Jan 13, 2012.

1. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

Does anyone know some specs of the spinner motor on a Tornado spreader? I had another spinner motor break last night. I think this is about the 5th or 6th one in just over 2 seasons. I need to know the rpm, hp, and full load amp draw. I am trying to find a motor that will work with a bigger output shaft. I have a new motor here but I would rather fix the problem than just keep throwing parts at it. Thanks in advance.

2. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Are you overloading it? Causing the motor to burn out. If you have one of the old motors. You could look on that to see if there is specs stamped on it or there might be a company name stamp on the motor, so you have something to go off of.

3. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

It's not over loaded. The spinner motor shaft shears off. Douglas Dynamics saw this post and contacted me directly. My dealer has parts on order to fix this problem. There is a update for the tornado that I was unaware of.

Douglas Dynamics should be very proud of their lead tech guy cause he pm'ed me and I sent him a message back with my contact info. It wasn't 1 minute later when my phone rang and it was him!!! All this on a Saturday morning. Someone give this guy a raise!

4. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

That's good to hear. What cause the other 6 to fail?

5. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

All failures were the same

6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Some 1

Some 1 owes u some cash if u ask me :mechanic:

7. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

I wish thats how it worked because I have lost money due to this failure