1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado questions?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by turfmasters, Aug 27, 2012.

1. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Does anyone have the newer, 2nd generation 1.8 yd Tornado with the inverted V? From some of the vids on YouTube the 1st generation has been nothing but problems. Any problems with the 2 electric motors holding up or allianment of belts? I also herd that the spread pattern leaves rings of salt in parking lots. I currently run Western Ice-Breaker SS with a Honda engine but I am looking to go electric. Any comments would be great.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

haven't had any problems with the recent generations...the original was not so good. they also made some changes to the shoot deflectors that may have helped that issue. Great units.
  3. Triton Snow Professionals

Triton Snow Professionals Banned
    from McHenry

We run several of these units with absolutely no problems.
  4. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Thanks so much on the info.I run Swenson Electric RTG Spreaders on my dumps that have been flawless but I need something for my PU Tk.