1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado in Ford f350??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Timbercrk1, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

I have an ext superduty f350. 6.5 short bed. Will a tornado fit good in it or is it to big? Specs say its 7' long. Anyone running this kind of setup??? Let me know. Thanks
  2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I had one in that same truck last year. It will fit fine. Great spreader for a small contractor.payup
  3. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Thanks for the reply

Did u have to do anything special to make it fit?? Hows loading and unloading it? Can I move it in and out by myself?? Anything else I should know. Thanks
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Save yourself the money and headache. GET A SALT DOGG!!!!!!!!! And this is coming from a western plow mechanic. The tornado still has teething problems. :nod:
  5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Mine fit fine and worked fine all last season. I was one of the few lucky ones. If I was buying today I too would go with the SALT DOGG. I like having the ability to adjust flow and witdth. Can not really do that from the cab with the Tornado. That is why I would make the change.

I'll try to get some pics up.

Ron G.