1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western tornado empty sensor.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fatheadon1, Dec 20, 2013.

1. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

is there a way to adjust or bypass the tornado empty sensor mine is at the point that its beeping empty and meanwhile its still half full? help:mechanic:before that beeping drives me crazy. and for the record its the 2 beeps meaning the hooper is empty everything other then that works fine.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There really isn't a sensor it's just a measure of the amount of current that the conveyor motor is drawing. So one of two things is wrong. Either your conveyor turns way too easy for some magical reason or your power control module is fubard. The power module is mounted on the left side of the conveyor, at the back, behind the spinner assembly. Take off the spinner, look on the left of the stainless metal conveyor and you will see a black plastic cover with a bunch of wires going into it. That's it and it costs about $400 here.
    A cheaper method would be to invest in a set of cheap earphones so the sound doesn't bother you and a bit of black tape over the light. That's what Homer Simpson does......

3. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

thanks for the info. iv run 50ton of salt with this spreader in the past week and a half an not a single sign of a problem other then the beeping. Will the module fail at some point or is it as bad as it's gonna get?

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I can't predict if the controller will fail. I would guess no as the current sensor would be an isolated component of the controller.