1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado Controller Issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Lynden-Jeff, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Posting this for a friend who is having major issues with his western tornado spreader control. He purchased this salter 2 seasons ago (This will be the third) and has already replaced the control module once.

This was last season and was replaced under warentee. After sitting all summer he has now hooked it up and it does not work again. The light is flashing 7 times, not sure what this error code is. The deal said there is no test tool so its basically shot in the dark with a $700 module which to me is crap.

They are not that popular around here so we do not know anyone with a similar control to swap out and test. Any suggestions or ideas??

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I will look up that flash code but you could probably google it
    I'm on the road right now but will look tonight

Is this the second generation tornado or first

I have both. I found the controller in the second generation had a bad solder and the plug was loose. It's something I need to fix
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member