1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Tornado chain snapping!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by X-LOWBALLER, Mar 3, 2007.

1. X-LOWBALLER

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

Two salters had the chain break. When they were repaired today, there didn't seem to be any stress what so ever on the chain. Any ideas as to how or why it happened? I bought an extra chain and some extra links to do it myself should it happen again but I am starting to feel that I need to carry extras of each component on this unit.

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

That's a new one on me. Did they fix it under warranty?

3. X-LOWBALLER

from Toronto

I just bought another one and some links in case it happens again. Two chains snapped within 12 hours of each other?? :dizzy:

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Why didn't you get it fixed free under warranty?

5. X-LOWBALLER

from Toronto

The "local" dealer isn't an authorized dealer. I would rather pay and get it done on the spot than to travel and wait, and wait and wait. If it is ever a big issue, I will take the time to travel but it so wasn't worth the drive or time in this case.