1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western tornado...3rd broken spinner motor

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by all ferris, Jan 7, 2011.

1. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

you read the title right. this is rediculous. spreader is just over 1 year old and the spinner motor has sheared the motor shaft off for the 3rd time. i am loosing money left and right. this spreader has already cost me more money in lost work than what the spreader cost new. i want a new spreader and i want it now!!!!! what do i have to do to get western to do to buy this thing back from me so i can get a new one. lemon law?
  2. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

When you say "broken motor" tell me exactly what the problems have been
  3. XtremeSnowPros

XtremeSnowPros Member

I'm on my 2nd motor. One sheared off. Other started making noise and stopped working.
  4. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

On my 2nd motor as well.
  5. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

what I don't understand is why DD doesn't just use a motor with a bigger shaft? The motor is obviously a problem and all they tell me when I call their support phone # is that they are doing some testing?????? WTF, FIX THE EFFING THING! I'm real close to calling a lawyer because this thing has cost me enough money.
  6. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

Every motor has sheared the shaft off at the bottom bearing. JUNK:realmad::gunsfiring: