1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Technical question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by amcolandscaping, Dec 4, 2004.

1. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

Ok i just got a 1985 f350 with a western plow but it seems that when i first got it the plow didnt seem to go high enough, now i tried it today and the plow motor runs but it doesnt go up or down or left or right? any ideas on why this would happen?

Matthew Moran
    Amco Landscaping

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

what type motor/pump, electric or cable controlled? If electric, check your 9 pin grill connector - plug.

3. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member

first thing i'd do is ckeck the fluid level

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

If it is a Western on a 85' I am going to guess it is a cable controlled unit but you will have to let us know for sure. #1 check the fluid level. If it is ok then you may need to adjust the cables. The pump is triggered by a switch in the controller that is mounted in the cab so even if the cables are out of adjustment the pump will still run. Since the blade will not go up or turn I am guessing it is fluid related problem.

5. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

Im sorry it is a cable plow? How do i adjust the cables? like i said the motor runs but nothing happens?

Matt

6. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member

did you check fluid level?

7. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I would pull the cover off and make sure the cables are opening and closing the valves, it is possible that u have a broken cable... :waving: