1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western tail gate spreader south jersey

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CHPL, Feb 10, 2011.

1. CHPL

CHPL Member

Looking to sell a western spreader with in bed mount, variable controller, harness and hopper cover in good working condition. Asking $500 or best offer, need to make room and let someone else make some money with it Can email pictures if needed, I'm floundering trying to get them up here.

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

3. CHPL

CHPL Member

some pictures

jeff 002 (1024x681).jpg

jeff 003 (1024x768).jpg

jeff 004 (1024x768) (2).jpg

jeff 005 (1024x768).jpg

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

good price

5. CHPL

CHPL Member

To the top

Make an offer!

6. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

can u run bulk through it?

7. CHPL

CHPL Member

It it the older model with the metal spinner. The opening is larger then the newer model with plastic spinner so it may pass through ok. I have never tried though.

8. jdilliplane1

how many pounds does it hold, where you located in SJ, and was it used this yr

9. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

I got one just like it and it throws rock salt from bags he size of marbles jujst fine , good 10 foot spreqad at full open . Allso holds 12 , 50lb bags of salt. Hope this helps . If he was closser . I'd of bought it by now !!!!!!!!

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

got your email and i think i will take it. However i would like to know any problems youve ever had with it, parts you had to put into it, and when it was last used/how long its been used for. Let me know and I can swing down and pick it up this coming week one evening with cash. You can consider it tentatively sold if everything is functional and nothing is kinda broken or kinda working. Dont have the time right now to fix anything.

11. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

12. CHPL

CHPL Member

It was used on the most recent storm. It is fully operational. It has been used by us for every storm we have had since 2008. Since last winter we have run about 30 pallets of rock salt through this and another tailgate spreader just like it. I also have another newer one available that I am going to sell. I will get some pictures of that one up. I would like to get $750 for.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  13. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

hmm...get me some pics of the newer one. i may like that one instead.

14. CHPL

CHPL Member

I havent had a chance to snap a picture yet but it looks identical except the spinner is different and the hopper is not faded as much. If your looking to buy one or the other come down prepared to buy the newer if you want it.

15. jdilliplane1

I think I might take either one. Im just waiting for a check, aren't we all!!! Send me an email jd179@cavtel.net

16. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

yea exactly, same here

17. jdilliplane1

aren't we all this time of year. would love to get one of the poly salt dogg vboxes, but spending 3 grand is kinda steep.

18. CHPL

CHPL Member

Has the mail made it anyone yet? Still for sale, first to come with cash gets one.

19. jdilliplane1

still waiting, supposedly something tomorrow. Then bank likes to hold for two days, so hopefully monday, tues next week if that works for you. Im still looking at the older model, most likely gonna try to run bulk with a vibrator if need be. Pm your bottom line and I'll see if I can get you half if you'll take paypal or whatever works for you.

20. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Pm sent.....