1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western T Handle Wont go down

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kera3735, Dec 1, 2007.

1. kera3735

kera3735 Junior Member

Long story short. Have the old western t- handle style with the cables. The cable to raise and lower the plow broke. I then took the cable to angle the plow and put it in the raise and lower place. The plow will raise now but it will not lower.:angry: To make it go down I have manually pushed the spot were the cable connects up. It is like I need a little more cable. Do i need to buy the new adjustable cables?? Thanks for reading and any help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The lift and angle cables are not the same... you'll need to get the correct cable.

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

confused

is this a t-handel control with red cable's ,if so they are both the same .if it is the newer joy stick control ,originally they were both the same then they came out with an adjustable cable for the angle function . but in a pinch you could use it on both function's . you probably disturbed the valve adjustments . check western's website for adjusting it .

4. kera3735

kera3735 Junior Member

wild bill, you may have been confused but you were spot on. Adjusted the valve and got the plow going. Thanks to your help i was able to get the solid 8 inches of snow off the driveways. prsport Thanks everyone!! Thanks goodness i found this site.