1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western suburbanite

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by g-landscaping, Feb 19, 2008.

1. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

im between the suburbanite and the sno way 22 series. i dont kno which one get. i just feel like the suburbanite is to small but then again its only one inch shorter than the 22 series. need help asap

2. MNSnowplower

MNSnowplower Junior Member
    from MN

I have a Sno way ST 7'6" with the down pressure and wireless Remote on a '01 F150 Supercrew. Backdragging with the DP is great on this lighter style plow. I would recommend the Sno way. Depending on the type of vehicle, you maybe even able to go with a 26 Series Sno way. jmo

3. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

i just seems that the suburbanite is so small....is 21 inches that big for a plow.

4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

what are you looking to mount it on? I just replied to your other post. I just got about an inch or so of snow and it looks like its coming to you!! The suburbanite weighs only 250lbs. no other plow comes close to being that light. for home use it is great, it puts very little stress on the front of the truck and requires no ballast. Put it this way, I had to take the plow to the dealers to get it istalled on the new truck and I, by myself, put in the back of my truck. ..........do that with any other plow!! again, depends on what you want to do, you just cant let the 2' of snow build up!!

5. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

Western Sub.

I have a 04 Ranger xlt with one mounted on it and it will push most anything as long as it is not iced up.The only thing I don't like about it is it trips very easy when you have it in the locked mode float is fine.I plow 600 'of driveway and my 40 car parking lot without a problem.I think I would have gone to a larger plow if I was useing it to make a few Bucks$$$ but I just plow my own properties.