1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Suburbanite Plow for light duty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joethevacman14, Feb 23, 2004.

1. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Ok, first of all, I searched and found nothing on what I am about to ask.

I am looking to purchase a plow for my '98 GMC 1500. I was on Western's site earlier and noticed the Suburbanite plow. It sounds like just what I need -- better than Snowbear but cheaper than a 7'-2" Uni-Mount LSX as suggested to me by Western's Plow Selection System.

I'd like to use it to clean our street and our driveway as well as the neighbors as well as my Grandma/pa's road and driveway. Here is a pic of our road. Ya'll think that the road is too large for the little plow? Also, does it pull as much power as the 7'-2" Uni-Mount LSX?

2. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Here's the cul-de-sac that I'll also be cleaning.........

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You would wreck the suburbanite in less than a year plowing all of that with a full size truck. You should be able to put a 7-6 western pro ultra mount on your 1500 GM without any problem.

There is a little less amp draw with the suburbanite than with the lsx or the ultra but with a good battery and alternator, you wont notice the differance.
  4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I heard that they almost cost as much as a full sized plow and they use giant rubber bands for the trip springs. JUST WHAT I HEARD
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Your 98 will hold a 7 1/2 plow fine...Chuck
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

your truck can handle 7.5 anything western meyers or fisher
  7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I know you said that an lsx is too expensive but i don't honestly think (i have no experience with this matter) that a suburbanite would hold up to that much plowing. driveways yes street maybe but it COULD be a problem maybe not though. With your size truck you hsould try to go with something bigger and better. I know the price can be alot but its not that much more if at all possible i would get a bigger plow.