1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Suburbanite Jack Stands

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Fishtank, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Fishtank

Fishtank Junior Member
    from Canada

I am most confused...

I just purchased a Western Suburbanite 6.8 and the manual keeps showing the jack stands as if they swing in place and appear like they can be removed.

For the life of me I can not see how they remove - the things are welded to the frame! Is the documentation out of date?

I got to admit I like the plow BUT I don't like these jack stands - I have yet to use this and the drivers side jack stand had a problem... the bracket holds up the stand with a screw in bar that holds the stand up with friction - and the screw in bar is held in place with what appears to be a hex nut welded on to the side of the bracket... which has already let loose from the bracket - thus the stand is loose etc.. At least if the jack stands were removable I could bring that to the dealership to be replaced under warranty but now the whole plow it appears needs to go in.

Any ideas?

2. Fishtank

Fishtank Junior Member
    from Canada

Well - glad I went to the dealer - they forgot to mention they welded the jack stands on - they used to get complaints from customers with lost jacks and so on - so they started welding them on - that answers that lol.

They fixed me up lickity split on a Saturday morning.:)

3. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

Plow jacks

The jacks slid into the bottom of the frame then you push up on the light bracket to let the jack take the pressure of the frame an tighten the side screw to support the plow then you would pull your pins an back away.I have only owned the truck and plow for a few weeks used it for one storm but seems to be great unit. I have a 04 Ford Ranger 4.0 with 3" lift and BFG 33's..

4. Fishtank

Fishtank Junior Member
    from Canada

Yep - I inspected it closer... I see how it worked if the welds weren't there... I must say I do like the rig as well.. and I am a complete novice and found it pretty easy to use... I have it on a 97 Jeep TJ Wrangler 6 cylinder 4.0L.. I suppose the front drops about an inch or 2 when I lift it - I may look at Timbrens... may not... It's not my main driving vehicle - I just decided not to trader her in on the last vehicles and kept her... so the decision on Timbrens is kinda up in the air.

It is strictly for my home driveway - I may do my friends on very rare occasions but essentially it was bought for the intended manufacturers purpose of this product.

5. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

Western sub.

Godd luck with it, so far I think it works for me.