1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Suburbanite cutting edge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ducaticorse, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Local guy wants 125 for a 6.8 cutting edge. This seems insane judging by the width and length of this edge.

Anyone know of a place in Boston area, or perhaps even mail for a more reasonable price?

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

that's a pretty fair price for a Western. not sure if there are aftermarket ones for less.

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Really? At first glance, the blade looked like a piece of tin lol.. I bought a jeep for some urban driveways and it has this plow on it with a slightly tweaked cutting edge. Figured it was cheap enough to just replace all together.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, you're right, there's not much to them. I think they are 1/4" and they do have a bit of a bend in them. ... I'm just saying that based on Western's list price, and what dealers get off of it, that's a fair price.
    whether Western's list price is fair is another matter.

5. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

That price is good List is $146.00 from Western plus freight. I just got one local better price at $139.00 then direct from Western. They are not that thin and old one lasted six yrs. plowing 600' of my driveway plus freinds 500' drive and 40 car lot at my building. There was no snow last yr. but two yrs. back we where under snow all winter. I had many heavy pushes with the old one and it held up well.