1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Sub Dealer

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Blizzardbusters, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Blizzardbusters

Blizzardbusters Junior Member

Was on the phone with western tech support about a prob child I have right now but that is my next post lol and they talked to me about being a sub dealer I do ALOT work on western and would be nice to have online and direct support and better pricing any thoughts and what's all involved in getting started they are going to be sending me some info i am already stocking close 5 to 8 thousand in parts.....or any connections to be able to talk to someone who already is would be great
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I have been an installer at a western dealer for some years and have looked into both becoming a full dealer and an associate dealer. To become a full dealer you need to invest a lot of money and buy a lot of plows & sanders. If you want to be an associate you need to have a full dealer that will be your primary contact. As an associate you can get tech support but you still have to buy your parts through you "sponsor" dealer. The associate thing is the way I am going as it is the only way I can afford to do it. Even this way I have to make a large order of parts in the spring. I expect it will be about $15,000 for my startup parts order. I can still get parts transfered from my sponsor branch but they will only give me what I need if they have enough to do their own thing. So you get the drift right.... They are not going to go out of their way to give me parts when I am taking their bread & butter, so to say. If you want more info give me a PM and we can have a privat conversation.
  3. Blizzardbusters

Blizzardbusters Junior Member

I would like to talk to you somemore but for some reason i cant find pm anywhere can you send me a message