1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Straight blade question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jake23rc, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

took blade out of storage hooked blade up to truck and blade wouldnt raise lower nothing heard clicking noise coming from solenoid. Turn plow on hit a button the plow shuts off. So put in new solenoid and plow works fine raises lowers side to side. Lower blade shut off truck and start work on other trucks. Go to move truck turn on controller and same thing again clicking noise and nothing push a button controller shuts off. What's the deal.
    Help me please.
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sounds like you have a bad connector or connection. Inspect for corrosion at the battery and the solenoid as well. a bent, or broken wire that has been exposed can also cause it. If you question it, replace it.

I've also had a brand new solenoid go on me within the very first storm...it's possible, but not likely.