1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Straight Blade or V-plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tom Smith, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

I cant decide weather to get the western straight blade or the v-plow. I hear that the v plow is a time saver. But ive also heard that they had problems with welds cracking and breaking. I will be doing drive ways and commercial lots. Thinking towards the V but dont want to regret it. Any opinions ??
  2. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Hi Tom,
    I have used both of those western plows before, in terms of welds breaking, never seen it happen in a canadian winter <curbs and postboxes included> .

I found the straight blade excellent for large lots and the v-blade excellent for stacking and drive way accounts, especially ones that have circular drive ways. Personally if your going to go with one blade and have the dosh to buy it, go with the V-blade.