1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Standard Plow 2016 Silverado

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Zobar, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Zobar

Zobar Junior Member

I have a Western Standard 71/2 ft plow Omnimount from my K1500 Chevy Purchased new 2000 always stored inside. Plow is in excellent condition. Used for 100 yard gravel driveway no commercial use.
    I purchased a new 2016 Silverado 1500 1/2T 4 w dr. Western dealers say I cannot use the Standard plow on the truck. There is an Omnimount adaptor available that allows you to mount the Unimount plow to an Omnimount. The Standard plow is 560 ib. Has anyone had experience with this?
    I am told I need to buy a new Western HTS by one dealer another says the HTS isn't good and to go with a Western Mid wieght. Are they correct or just trying to sell a plow? Any other better new plow options?
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

The HTS would not be an option for me. At all. I would buy the adapter and use what you've got. Screw what the dealer says. It's not commercial use, just a single driveway. You'll be fine.