1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western spreador problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bigorla5555, Jan 12, 2009.

1. bigorla5555

bigorla5555 Junior Member

hey guys I have a western 1000 and everytime i go to hit the switch i need to get out of the truck and turn the spinner or it dosen't go is this normal? Second thing is I want to buy a vibrator for it and can't find any info on the karrier on line does anyone know the site to purchase one? I found buyers #3009241 for $195. and wondering which is better?

2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

what are you trying to run through it, salt, sand, mix? The finer the material, the more chance it will pack around the auger on this model (I've noticed it on mine if I leave stuff in there for a while and drive around).

3. bigorla5555

bigorla5555 Junior Member

yea I run a mix but I was ablt to get in touch with karrier and they have a model 120 that he said is perfect for my spreader as it is a little more powerfull then the 80 but shoudn't cause the material to pack with alot of vibration. And do you have the same problem with after driving with the box full and you hit the switch the auger doesn't spin, cause I have to get out and just turn it a quarter turn then go back in and hit the switch and it's fine.