1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western solonoid wiring??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BAYDOG, Nov 26, 2004.

1. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Junior Member

I have an older Western Plow with the cable operated joy stick. My question is, how do thw wires hook up to the 4 post selonoid?? and how do the wires off the pump figure in there?? Please help. I need to get this hooked up. I got the plow for free, but no diagrams for the wires. Awsome site too!!! :drinkup:

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Baydog....... Go to http://www.westernplows.com They have a publications
    section. That might have the wiring diagrams for you.

If not somebody will chime in to help ya !

3. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Junior Member

I'll check that, thank you.

4. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Junior Member

Yup, that page was the ticket!! Got the whole manuel that I needed. Thanks a bunch :waving: :drinkup:

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

BAY......Make sure you get a Western solenoid. You prob. have a Ford one.
    They will work in a pinch but can't handle the plowing loads as I had one of those units. The Western unit will only have 1 smalll post for the joystick control and 2 big ones for the battery and power to the plow motor cable.

6. johnk5092

johnk5092 Junior Member

The Western Website is not working can somebody send me the wiring diagram for the western pump i am having the same problem as baydog

7. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Actually, western does have a four post relay for conventional plow.

Johnk5o92- here is the link-http://www.westernplows.com/pdfs/13359_120503.pdf

if you need the 3 post info., reply back

good luck ,:) PT.