1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western solenoid isarmatic

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by the_mayor, Oct 21, 2014.

1. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I have a question for you. I had a cable pump that's junk. I have another one that is the solenoid version. I have the wiring harnesses but am not sure what goes where. I can eliminate the lighting harness because with the old system, the lights are already hooked up to a switch on the dash. This leaves me with the harness for the controller that goes to the coils. Now, I know the 3 black wires with spade ends go to one of each of the coils. And the 3 colored wires go the coils also. But which color goes to which coil? And does it matter top or bottom of the coil? Also, the brown and black wire under the hood go to a solonoid. Does it matter what post they're connected to? With a simple Google search I can't seem to find instructions on colors to coil.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

3. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Perfect! Thank you for your quick response.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no problem! I just happened to log on right after you posted, so we lucked out this time.