1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western snowplow transfer; help with needed part numbers

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by j_lowder, Jan 11, 2011.

1. j_lowder

j_lowder Junior Member

I am taking possession of a Western 7'-6" steel Ultramount plow. The plow is 3 plug with a hand controller. The unit was taken off of a Chevy. It will be mounted on a 2000 Dodge 2500HD regular cab, 4X4, 8' bed, with a Cummins diesel.

I need part numbers for items I will need to mount this plow (electrical harness and Ultramount). I'll be reusing the receivers and hand-controller from the Chevy. The Western website was of little help for this application.

Thanks in advance.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

U can use the "quick match" on the western site.just fill in the information of the vehicle..It will give you the mount number like 67980 (here is a link to your mount)
    http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html....com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/66882.07_010109.pdf

As for the headlamp harness it call for #29050 & #29056-1(which is a adapter).. Now I might of put the wrong information for the headlights..I input you had HB5/HB1. I don't know if that correct because you never post nothing about the headlights. All I know you might just have HB1.. Now if it the HB1 the headlamp harness would be 29050..

This is what the "quick match" put out for information.