1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western snowplow parts for truck conversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MUDMPR, Oct 4, 2008.

1. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

I need help with electrical parts for transferring a 7' 6" steel Ultramount 2-plug plow from a 2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 to a 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD extended cab 4x4 with an 8' box and Duramax diesel. I wish to continue usage of the current 56462 handheld control.
    Thank you for help with this information.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Older relay style harness without an Isolation module correct?

3. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

Whichever will be the most simple to wire.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That part I understand :), but to get the correct wiring we need to know which system you now have, namely Iso module... or non Iso module. It's likely is a non Iso but need to know for sure or the help will do you no good.

5. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I hate to appear ignorant, but this is a unit given to me by my son. This is my first plow and I do not know how to determine whether the system I have is an Iso or non-Iso module system.
    Prior to asking this question I ordered a 29048 harness after visiting the Western snowplow web site. After receipt of this harness, I realized that I either ordered the wrong harness or need additional parts to complete this conversion.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Everyone's a newbie there first time. :)

Did your plow harness include one of these? This is the Iso mod that should have come with the plow and related wiring components if it is an Iso mod type setup.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

No. I did not have an Isolation Module.

8. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

the kit you'll need is 63392. if you want to you could just get the headlamp harness 61437, but you'll need to get 4 more relays (the 02 chev needs a total of 6 relays). Also, you'll need the DRL module. I would just recommend getting the full kit; 63392. You'll know that everything is in good condition.

Where you located in VA? I am in Nokesville.

9. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

Thank you "nobletousha13". I'll research the kit you mention.
    I reside in Winchester.

10. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

nobletousha13,

I need to pick your brain one more time. As you can tell, I new to plows and their installation.

Is the harness (29048) that I purchased and an Isolation module unnecessary with the kit that you referenced.

11. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

nope

the 29048 is no where close. you do not need that part at all.

12. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

Does it matter that the instructions for the 63392 kit says UniMount?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't matter Mud. Both the Uni's and very early Ultra's used the same two plug relay setup..before switching to the Iso setup.

14. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Junior Member

Thanks much for getting me headed in the right direction!