1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western snow plow won' move

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 88chevy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 88chevy

88chevy Junior Member

i have a western straight blade probably mid 90s worked fine all year and then all the sudden no matter which way you push the joystick it wants to go right. now it is on the ground in the down position and all the way to the right. cant get it to move it just makes noise. i had a local guy tell me it was probably a cylonoid (sorry if that is spelled wrong). need to know how to test those or wondering if you have any other ideas. thanks for your help
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

could also be a broken popppet spring. if s3 is not stuck check that next.
  4. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Had the same issue with my unimount. Turned out to be a bad solenoid cartridge valve. If you look at the pic on page 8 of the attachment below and locate the solenoid cartridge valves (kinda lower right of the pic) you'll see there's three of them. The one that was bad on mine was the longest one.