1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Snow Deflector price

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SnowStooge3, Oct 29, 2005.

1. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

Anyone have an idea how much a rubber snow deflector cost's for a 7'6" standard blade?

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I believe that a western deflector is 108, but I could be wrong. you should be able to get a generic for about 80.

3. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Got a price from my dealer the other day, up here in Nfld, it's $ 120.00 plus tax. Gonne pick one up in a few weeks.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

westerns suggested price $109.74

5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

6. SnowStooge3

Thanks for all your input, seems like aftermarket is a better way to go.

7. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Sometimes the after market rubber defectors aren't the way to go. Years ago I went that route and bought an aftermarket one from my Western dealer. The "dumb" kid was asked what the difference was between the Western and the aftermarket one. His reply was "it doesn't have the Western logo on it". I was out the door for $65.00 and had it mounted in no time. While driving with the plow on at speeds of 35 MPH or faster, the defector would flip straight up and block air flow to the radiator as well as partially block the head lights. I don't drive around with the plow raised to its maximum height either. Additionally, the snow wasn't that well contained. I took the defector off and headed back to my local dealer looking to buy the Western one. They had no problem exchanging the cheapo for Western which obviously costs more. They gave me a full credit no questions asked and I paid the difference. What it boiled down to was the rubber material. The cheap one was just molded rubber tile like material. The Western actually had reinforcement within the rubber which made it more rigid. No problems with that one whatsoever.

If your looking for a really cheap alternative, go to your local quarry/strip mine and get some used conveyer belt. That is some strong stuff and will work out perfect. I had a few guys that went that route without any problems.

Just my .02¢
    Rick

8. SnowStooge3

I appreciate your two cents too

9. SnowStooge3

Well I bit the bullit, went to my dealer to get a deflector. Boy do they know how to charge, $137.88 with tax. He had a plastic one for $50 cheaper, but i went for the real thing. worth it in the end

10. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

i bought a poly plastic one for mine last year paid 159.00 i like it better than the rubber one it block the radaitor to much