1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western series 2 ???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ManorD24, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ManorD24

ManorD24 Member

I was looking at the quick match on westerns site and under blade choices there is a choice as "series 2" as in "8' pro plus series 2". I havent been able to determine what this is, anyone know?

2. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

I heard something about a revamped pro plow but cant seem to find anything proving it

3. cti531

cti531 Member

I'm getting close to buying a Western Plow and the dealer told me that the new 2011 Pro plow (Pro Plow 2) now has a boxed steel A-frame rather than angle iron on the previous models. I am also told that it isn't being talked about much because a lot of dealers are still sitting on the old stock and need to get rid of them first.

4. jd20series

jd20series Junior Member
    from IN

I can confirm the info from cti531 as I am buying a new Pro Plow series 2 plow this weekend, 8'6". Jim.

5. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

Pro Series II difference

Pro Series II is a change in the quadrant from the "half-moon" style to a square tubular design. Also the center pivoit pin has been changed to 1" to ease nose plate stress and wear. According to Western, the new design allowes the user to stack snow higher (approximately 2")
    However, you cannot use an old Pro ( Pro 1 if you will ) style A-Frame on the new Pro II. Western incorporated the same hydraulic box that is used in the MidWeight for the Pro Series II, so the Pro Series II will use different cylinders as the original Pro