1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western salter motor x2?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Willman940, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Alright, so I am working for a company who will remain nameless for many reasons, who has a western salter that has blown 2 motors. I know very little about it because I wasn't there when it happened last night at 3am. Here's what I do know, its a western salter, the motor blew once before and was very expensive to fix. It was giving him trouble last night, so he called the engine builder who told him to do something which in the end made things worse. The motor has been pulled and a fair amount of parts are shot. I didn't hear which specifically. I know this isn't much to go on but because the owner is also my friend and is rapidly expanding I thought the least I can do was ask. Honestly anything would help Salter operation/mechanics basics. The way I look at it is, as I'm sure hes knows at least most of how to use it, but if I can obtain any knowledge to try and help or be a better worker I figure it'd help him out.

I'll post any more info I get, again this is very little to go on but I'm posting this on a whim.

Stay safe out there,
    John

2. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

The motor is an after market honda bought to replace the original.