1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western salt control boxes

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Artknoxious, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Artknoxious

Artknoxious Junior Member

Anybody had problems with the rocker switch failing on your Western salter control box?? Had a buddy that two of his failed. I was able to research and find a comparable switch for it. Re-wired it in and it works great. Certainly beats buying new at $300-$350, no?? Suggestions on whether it would be worthwhile advertising to repair bad boxes for about $95 each!!! I have e-mailed sponsors of this website asking for permission. Just wanted to check with the people who use them and get some feedback. Thanks for reading.
    Art

2. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

we had a couple of bad boxes,one four years old-i called western and they said there was a problem with them, they sent us two new with no problems last year,so try western direct it may be a free fix